COLLECTION EYES UNCOVERED | REVIEW

07:00:00



Hello,

So, you may have seen my Beauty and Homeware Haul last week, if you didn't you can CLICK HERE to go check out what I've been buying lately.

Today I give you my first review of TWO [yes two] of the products I purchased, and as you may have guessed by the title, it's the Collection Eyes Uncovered palettes in, Nude and Nude Bronze.

So, in a brief overview. Both palettes come with six staple nude[esque] colours, with Nude having more subtle colours and Bronze having more bold - which having both makes for a good combination [ Both palettes cost £3.99 in Superdrug (where I bought them) ]

There are also SIX!! palettes to choose from. For a quick overview of the palettes here the link: Eyes uncovered palettes 

Now why didn't I buy all six? After all they're cheap enough [£23.94 for all six!]. Well, after looking at all of them and debating it, I actually used my brain. I have blue eyes and fair skin, and nude and bronze colours suit my eyes and I like the blue in my eyes to stand out, and that's what both of these palettes [and palettes similar] do for me, so the other shades such as Nude Rose [which are obviously pink based] would make my eyes look more red [and therefore bloodshot] so I just bought the two palettes I thought would suit me best.... enough rambling Jamie!!


So my first impressons: A good range of shades, well pigmented [amazing price], good packaging [doesn't have a mirror... but do I really need another one?], blends well and overall I'm happy with my purchase.


What I personally love about these palettes together is that I can used Nude for an everyday, daytime and wearable look and then if I want to, I can update my look using Bronze for a boost of energy and to transform it into a nighttime/dramatic look. And the fact that I can do this with 12 shades, 2 palettes and for less than £10.. Is there really anything to complain about?




Now, being a good honest blogger, I have to say, that there are a few little things that I would change if I had the opportunity, I'd much prefer it if there were matte shades in the palettes, and I suppose that's personal preference but for there to be a mixture of shimmer and mattes would be a better combination. I think it would also be better if the shadows had more of a buttery/creamy finish, again, personal preference, in all honesty, they're not completely powdery [alike Makeup Revolutions Flawless palette] and they do have that very nearly buttery finish, but I wouldn't mind them being that one step towards perfection.
And the final thing I would make a small alteration to is the packaging... [Oh c'mon you fussy bitch!]. It just feels a little cheap [of course it does it's £3 fucking .99!!] I'll stop now.. But I'd emboss the lettering and make the little plastic window a bit more secure.... okay! I'm done. Sorry Collecton!! 


Overall I really like these palettes, and I will be using them A LOT!! I highly recommend them if you're on a budget, or if you're looking for some new eye shadows to try out. Look below, you can see a picture of my mug. 


























WHAT'S ON MY FACE: 


Foundation: Revlon Colourstay: Ivory
Powder: Collection Pressed Poweder: Ivory
Concealer: Avon Ideal Flawless: Fair
Lips: Sleek True Colour: Vamp
Lips: Rimmel Lasting Finish Liner: Wine
Contour/Highlight: Sleek Cream Contour Kit: Light
Eyes: Collection Uncovered: Nude + Nude Bronze
[*]Mascara: Benefit RollerLash: Black
[*]Brows: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil [2] + Ready Set Brow

In The Glass: Vodka + Lemonade [Drink Responsibly]. 


I hope you enjoyed this review: Let me know what you think, and if you want me to do a more regular "What's on my face" then let me know, I might make it a regular thing on the blog. 

Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 


Miss Jamie-Leigh

DISCLAIMER: I paid for all of the products mentioned with my own money, with the exception of the products with [*]. These were magazine samples NOT PR samples or sponsored. I have not been paid or contacted by Collection for this review and all opinions are my own. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Really the colors in both palettes and appreciate your honest feedback. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews