WHY I HID MY BLOG

07:00:00





Hello,


Now. If you follow me on Twitter. You may have seen this post.






So yes. I've essentially been "hiding" my blog from my family and friends. Well, I say family but my mum, mother, step dad, and auntie knew about it. It was just everyone else.


And you may be thinking. "Jamie-Leigh, why would you hide your blog? That sounds ridiculous!" and that question is valid. So let me explain.



So when I ran "Jamie's Beauty Blog" which was shit, I put no effort in and didn't post consistently. I shared my blog with my Facebook friends with no issues whatsoever.


And then things changed. 


[I would like to add that there were people who were supportive of my blog in the past, and those people know who they are]

I was starting to get questions from some people, asking me what the point in writing a blog was? why did I do it? "blogs are pointless" [that was actually said to me - they've since been deleted (for something else)]


It made me feel a bit shit - it made me feel like no one cared about what I was writing about and that there was no point in me writing a blog at all. So I stopped. 



And since I started this lovely little place. I've never shared it with my friends or family on Facebook, because I didn't want my hobby to be ridiculed and belittled by people I know and love.


But I've since been found - Instagram outed me which I don't know how because I have a separate Insta that I use for this little slice of heaven [of mine] but anyway.


After much deliberation and Debra [Debrabow.com] giving me some wise words. I've just let them follow my account and I'll still be posting my blog content there, and still be writing my blog 5 days a week - and hopefully, I won't let them make me feel like shit again!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*Writing this part a few hours later - after a long hard think*


So to all my "real/actually see you" friends and family who may be reading this. Don't question me why I do this. You have your hobbies and I have mine. If you don't enjoy blogs, then don't read it, don't click the link and don't moan about me sharing my links. It's my blog, I control it, not you. I refuse to be belittled or made to feel like shit because I write a blog. If you don't like it, unfriend me or unfollow me. 


To all of the above who want to stick around. 


Welcome. I post 5 days a week normally about lifestyle and beauty with a few extra bits here and there. I hope you like my little space. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 



Miss Jamie-Leigh




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews