International Womens Day

07:00:00



Hello, 

It's a day late but that's what I get for being unprepared. But yesterday was International Women's Day and I thought I'd share a post about the woman who inspires me the most. 

My mum. 

It sounds cliche but with the amount of shit this womans been through in her life she deserves a medal!

Now for those of you who don't know, I was adopted by my nan when I was two years old - she has since been called mum and I don't remember a time that I've ever called her nan. She deserves the title, she raised me, she fed me, clothed me, supported me and inspired me. 

My mum took me in after raising her own children, the time in her life where it was supposed to get a little easier, her youngest daughter was 10 years old - baby time had finished, and then I come along, my biological mother neglected me, and was a bit of a silly young mum [we now have a great relationship - no grudges] 

In 1952 my mum was born, somewhere between 1962-65 her mother left the family home and my mum was then responsible for raising her younger brother.

In 1972 she was pregnant with her first child [my biological mother] and married to her first husband [my granddad /adoptive dad] in 1974 she gave birth to her second daughter who sadly passed away 3 days later. I don't know how she coped, there wasn't even a funeral!! In 1975 she gave birth to her third daughter and her fourth in 1981. 

1982: Diagnosed with early stage cervical cancer; full hysterectomy and treatment. Cancer free since!!

In 1991 I popped along, 1993 I was adopted and raised by my mum. She didn't have to, I could have been placed into the care system but she wouldn't allow it. 

1994: Her father passed away with kidney cancer. 

1999: She was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and angina. [and still has it to this day]

2001: Divorced her first husband after years of domestic abuse. 

In 2003 her third daughter was killed in a house fire [don't know how she coped!], her youngest sister and mother in law passed away and in 2004 she lost her mother and stepfather. 

And more recently 2016: Her oldest sister in law passed away with cirrhosis of the liver [diabetes not alcohol] 


This isn't a "look at all the crap my mothers gone through - poor her" post, this is look at all the crap my mothers gone through and she's still fucking here, she's still fighting, she's still wakes up every morning with a positive outlook on life, she still helps run a youth group so the kids are off the streets, she takes an hour to go to the shop because she knows nearly everyone and has time for everyone. 

This is a look at my mum and how she's coped with life, when life has been awful to her and she's still standing strong. Look at this woman who inspires me so much I wrote this post about her, the woman who inspires me so much that all I want to do is make her proud. The woman who may not know how to turn a laptop on but still asks about the people that read this blog [yes she asks about YOU reading this right now!]  - she barely knows what a blog is. 

The woman who raised me single handed and worked her backside of to keep a roof over our heads.

The woman who I know will always be there for me when I need her. 




My Mum. 

Who inspires you #InternationalWomensDay

Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 



Miss Jamie-Leigh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews