BLOGGING TIPS #1

07:00:00





Hello,


I thought, that now I've been blogging for a few weeks, I would share a part 1 of some blogging tips/advice that I've picked up along the way. For those of you just starting out like I was, or thinking about starting your blog.


This is content based, but if you want me to do one with how to actually start a blog from scratch then let me know in the comments.


So here's 6 of my handy tips.[5 is so cliche.. :) ] 






  1. Be yourself. 


There is nothing worse than visiting a blog, and not feeling anything towards it. Not getting a feeling of the person who wrote the post within it, and over time. Not getting to know the blogger at all. We as blog readers want to see you in your posts, through your words, in your reviews, or topic suggestions e.t.c. We don't want to see another advertisement on a product or tv show or fashion item or whatever it is your posting about. We want to see you. 

The other aspect of this point, is to write what you want to write. I once upon a time [just finished an episode so had to throw that in didn't I] ran a beauty blog. Not successful, and I stopped enjoying it because I felt like it was the only thing I could talk about. Now I write what I want to write. The tagline may say Beauty & Lifestyle but my header can be changed if I decide to add another topic into my posts. 

You don't have to follow a niche to be successful. 

     2. Be consistent. 

I can't tell how much this matters. If you want to post once  week, pick a specific day. I for example post 5 days a week but I always stick to Monday-Friday and my readers have become accustomed to me posting on those specific days. Don't post all over the place unless there is a reason for you to do so. 


     3. Use your own photos. 

This is a hit or miss. If you're a blogger that will use photos a lot, the best thing to do is make sure they're yours. Other than my wishlist posts [And So you don't want children] all the photos on this blog are mine. And if you decide to write about beauty you'll begin to understand quickly why we all try to be morning people x 

If you do use another persons photo from google or wherever. Whilst it's not ideal. Credit them in your post and make sure to provide a backlink to the page you got it from. 


    4. Connect with others. 

You may think you're blog isn't good enough, you may think it's too early to connect with people. But it's NOT! This blog of mine is only a month old and I've already made fairly good connections with at least 20 other bloggers, through Blogger chats [that was yesterdays posts]. You may find other ways to connect with people, maybe you'll attend a blogger event or meetup. But it pays to make the connections, and at the end of the day. You end up with a brilliant group of friends who all do similar things. I love it. 


    5. Have fun. 


Go with it. Have fun with it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be popular, or the best blogger in the world. It's a fun space, let it grow in your own time [giving it a healthy push every now and then] and stop worrying about the numbers!! 



    6. Share with the world. 


Speaks for itself but we don't just stumble across your posts without you giving it that first push. You've written brilliant content, you've worked hard, now it's time to show us what you've done. So if you're not sharing [or even if you are] leave your link in the comment section below. I'll be sure to check all your blogs out - no really. I don't have a life. 



I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you have any questions feel free to ask them below and I'll get back to you asap. 


Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 



Miss Jamie-Leigh














You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews