ITS OKAY TO GET THERAPY | Lifestyle

08:00:00



Hello, 

So in my last blog I mentioned I was going away [in: Finally A Break!] soon and that I have to mentally prepare for trips abroad because [mainly] of my anxiety, but it got me thinking. Thinking of therapy. 





I've never really addressed my anxiety with a fully qualified professional before. I've seen a psychiatrist for my transgender related stuff but never my anxiety, and now I have thought about it, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to try and see someone about it. 


I have previously been diagnosed with social anxiety and a form of agoraphobia (which is what is currently keeping me in the house) but other than the initial diagnosis, I never sought treatment; I'll rephrase that; I never went back. 


There is always a stigma towards people with mental health problems, and I've always been open and honest with my anxiety and depression, but just because I've been honest about it, doesn't mean I've gone anyway in treating it. 



Source: http://www.cottonclotheco.co.uk/blog/mental-health-awareness-month


[As of this blog post my depression has subsided but as a point of reference it got that bad I attempted suicide on more than one occasion and my anxiety likes to give me panic attacks in large and rather busy supermarkets] 


I'm 24 years old now, I'm old enough and ugly enough to go and seek help where I need it, and the more I write this post and think about it, I do think I need it. 


If you are dealing with anxiety or depression, or any other mental health problem, I'll leave a few links to charities or services [UK only, because I live in the UK and I can't recommend a foreign service that I've never heard of] 


If you don't live in the UK, feel free to leave some recommended services in the comments from where you're from, if you know of any.  


UK based services: 


NHS: http://www.nhs.uk/


Samaritans: http://samaritans.org 


Mind: http://www.mind.org.uk



If you know of any other reliable sources please leave them in the comments.


Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 



Miss Jamie-Leigh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews