MISTAKES MADE

07:00:00

HELLO, 

You know when you make a mistake in life or something happens and you instantly have that feeling of "what a waste of time". Stop it. It's not good to think like that and influences how we move forward from it. 


I have made a fair few mistakes in life, as I'm sure a lot of you reading this have too! It's okay, we make mistakes, we do or say the wrong thing. But how many have been caught up in the mistake we made and let it control the actions we take in the future. *I'm sticking my hand up* 


The thing about mistakes is that we all make them, we will all make them in the future, but to "get over" a mistake, we have to learn from it. 


Recently I made a personal discovery. I'd been thinking about how my life past and present affected who I was as a person. I was hung up on things I had done when I was younger and I was letting that influence me now - BAD CHOICE JAMIE!! 


I don't see mistakes as a bad thing any more, they're a learning curve for me now. It wasn't a waste of time having that bad experience in school - I made friends, I had experiences and I learned something from it and now I know who I am as a person, who I want in my circle of friends and what I want to do in my life going forward into the future. 



Credit/Source: http://www.lovethispic.com  


It wasn't a mistake dating that guy who treated you like shit - yes it was horrible and it made you feel worthless, but now you're out (by God I hope you're out) you've learned something. You've learned what to look for in a retrospective partner, qualities you DO want from them. You're turning a negative into a positive. 


Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people that tell people to be positive all of the time, I know it's hard to do especially when life throws a curve ball and fucks everything up. But what I do advocate now is that nothing is a waste of time, nothing cannot be changed, and mistakes have to be made. 


When I was younger I was in a bad place, I hung out with the "wrong crowd", I stole, I spoke to my mother like shit, I skipped school, I was a little shit, easiest way to put it. 



But all of those things taught me something. The bad crowd were filled with people that didn't influence me in a positive way, I now know who will or won't be a good, loyal and stable friend. I realised my mother was always going to be there to pick me up off the floor and just generally be there for me in times of need, I now have a brilliant relationship with her and we couldn't be close (well we could but that would be wrong!), I realised that there are people in this world who are arseholes that don't like me for who I am, so I don't "waste" my time on them anymore. 


I suppose it's all about perspective. Don't sit there and wish you could change your life. Do something about it, it might be hard, it might be near on impossible, but little changes can really help. 


Figure out who you are as a person, what you want to do in life and roll with it. See where it takes you. Have fun with it, we only get one life so live it! That's my goal for the future, to live life. 


I hope this blog helped in someway. Are you changing your life? Let me know in the comments, and if you enjoyed reading it feel free to share it with your friends. 


Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 



Miss Jamie-Leigh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews